Friday, January 30, 2009

My Thanksgiving in Acton Massachusetts 2002



A very Massachusetts Thanksgiving. The Mass Pike was completely jammed with holiday travelers. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground. The house had actually been renovated by Bob Villa on "This Old House" back in the day. The women were all busy cooking the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. The men, well we were of course all gathered around the tube watching Dallas or Detroit play somebody. Before dinner everyone held hands in a big circle while Aunt Ginny the nun said a prayer and then we each added what we were thankful for.

I was the "new boyfriend" so I was tasked with taking that years photo of the whole crew with everyone's cameras. I guess if I'd made it to two years I'd have been included in the next one. It's a pretty good technique for keeping the transients out of the "permanent record." Still I was thankful to be welcomed there for a memorable Massachusetts Thanksgiving.

No comments: